View more in Economy
- September 29 2015MTF recently released its latest report in a series that examines the various cost components of doing business in the Commonwealth relative to other states, including electricity, for commercial and industrial ratepayers.
- September 9 2015Stalled Progress, the fourth MTF report in a series of business cost studies since 1993, reveals that Massachusetts has made little progress in bringing the cost components of doing business in line with other states. Despite numerous efforts at reforms during the last decade, Massachusetts remains a high cost state to conduct business and the gap is growing in several areas
- June 23 2015MTF offers its support of Senate Bill 1002: An Act to Enhance Employment Opportunities filed by Senator Michael Rodrigues as a way to improve our economic climate without further exacerbating the budgetary challenges, such as removing Regulatory or statutory impediments to economic growth and job creation.
- March 24 2015MTF joined seven other business organizations in support of Senate Docket 883, An Act to Enhance Employment Opportunities, that updates the state's independent contract law to maintain and grow Massachusetts’ economy.
- August 7 2013Citing the recently passed technology tax “as a grave danger to the future of the innovation economy,” 20 Massachusetts business leaders, representing both small and large companies, today filed an initiative petition to repeal the recently enacted 6.25% sales tax on computer and software technology services.
- January 30 2013A combination of economic, political, and social/cultural factors tied to the end of American economic hegemony will permanently constrain the ability of state and local governments to fund programs and services.
- May 24 2012
Implementation of the 2011 municipal health reform law is vastly surpassing expectations as 102 Massachusetts communities have negotiated agreements with employees that will generate $117 million in first year savings, according to a new analysis released today by the Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation.