View more in Capital
- June 9 2016The Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation is pleased to issue this report entitled: “The Commonwealth’s Capital Budget: A Primer” the purpose of which is to provide a guide on the process, how it differs from the operating budget and how capital revenues are spent. This primer is the first in a series of MTF reports dedicated to the Commonwealth’s capital spending.
- June 2008In testimony before the Committee on Bonding, Capital Expenditures and State Assets on June 4, MTF President Michael J. Widmer called on the Legislature to cap the Governor's bridge program at $1 billion. Mr.
- February 2002In a major study of the T's capital spending, the Taxpayers Foundation concludes that the multi-billion dollar cost of proposed expansion projects threatens the T's ability to achieve improved services and stronger finances, the twin goals of forward funding.
- December 2000
Presentation to the Mass Insight Leadership Conference on the challenges of financing the Commonwealth's capital needs. Provides an overview of the state's capital problem and reviews alternatives for financing additional investments.
- May 2000MTF strongly endorses the Central Artery and capital finance plan released by legislative leaders today, which includes the best elements of proposals by the House, Senate and administration, and is based on the fundamental principles suggested by the Foundation.
- January 1999This in-depth analysis of the Commonwealth's capital finances finds that the growing pressure on the capital budget has reached a crisis stage.