- September 9 2013
The Foundation’s comprehensive 50-state analysis shows that the recently enacted software services tax is the most burdensome in the nation. The Excel file allows users to compare Massachusetts to 49 other states on the tax treatment of 11 different categories of computer and software services.
- August 7 2013Citing the recently passed technology tax “as a grave danger to the future of the innovation economy,” 20 Massachusetts business leaders, representing both small and large companies, today filed an initiative petition to repeal the recently enacted 6.25% sales tax on computer and software technology services.
- July 25 2013Facing unaffordable retiree health care costs, municipalities are searching for ways to control costs that do not require state legislative action. This presentation details some of the options available to municipalities under current law.
- June 26 2013This is the most sweeping such tax in the nation. It strikes at the heart of the state’s innovation economy and will stifle job creation for years to come.
- April 10 2013The Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation (MTF) endorses the House and Senate bills that address the shortfall in funding for transportation while continuing to improve the performance of state transportation agencies.
- March 19 2013The Governor’s proposed sales tax on computer and data processing and custom software would have very serious ramifications for major sectors of the state’s economy.
- March 6 2013
A major study released today by two leading business groups, the Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation (MTF) in collaboration with the Massachusetts Business Roundtable MBR), offers a blueprint to ensure the greatest possible return on additional investments in transportation that are required to enhance the state’s economic competitiveness.
- January 30 2013A combination of economic, political, and social/cultural factors tied to the end of American economic hegemony will permanently constrain the ability of state and local governments to fund programs and services.